Energy Performance Contracting (EPC) is a specialized service offered by TREES to owners of both commercial and industrial facilities. It is based on TREES Engineers designing and implementing an Energy & Water upgrade of an existing facility and then guaranteeing that the energy savings achieved from this project will be achieved, year on year, for periods up to 10 years. Effectively, the energy savings re-pay the total cost of the project, and then continue to provide a savings stream to the client for another 5-10 years.
As a result, TREES clients are able to proceed to project construction with TREES, via self-funding or obtaining third party finance, on the basis that TREES takes the responsibility for the technical performance of the project.
Guide to Energy Performance Contracting with ESCOs
Energy efficiency (EE) and renewable energy (RE) projects are becoming more and more popular around the world. With the growing concern about climate change, communities are looking to the business sector to provide solutions, given that businesses are among the biggest consumers of energy and natural resources.
- Adopting EE and RE projects will not just enhance your company’s image. It will also give you considerable cost savings by reducing and optimizing your energy use without negatively affecting your output.
- In many cases, however, the lack of financing serves as a deterrent to going green.
- As an energy services company (ESCO), TREES offers solutions to help put you on track towards achieving optimal energy efficiency. Under our Energy Performance Contracting service, we leverage our guaranteed energy-savings outcome to assist you in financing your EE and RE project.
Working with an ESCO
TREES is an ESCO that identifies and provides EE and RE solutions based on thorough energy audits of your facilities and operations. The turnkey solutions we offer range from projects involving just one or more equipment or process, to comprehensive programs that encompass your entire energy and water systems.
- We use a wide array of products and technologies that have been proven effective in numerous applications, including hospitals, commercial and industrial facilities, schools and universities, correctional facilities, museums, and more.
- By designing, building, and implementing your EE and RE project, we can guarantee the energy savings you generate, and use these to help you finance the project.
TREES Energy Performance Contracting Service
Energy efficiency projects typically require large capital investments with a long payback period. This has stopped many companies from undertaking such projects, or to adopt least-cost options with minimal results.
- Energy Performance Contracting (EPC) is a specialized service that we offer to our commercial and industrial clients.
- TREES engineers will design and implement an energy and water upgrade of your facility, and guarantee the savings that will be achieved from the project, year on year, for periods up to 10 years.
- Effectively, the energy savings will repay the total cost of the project, and then continue to provide savings for you for another 5-10 years.
We will leverage our guaranteed energy savings to finance the project, through one of two ways:
- We will initially provide financing, either fully or partially, which you can pay back within a fixed term and fixed payment schedule, according to the energy savings the project generates.
- We can help you find third-party financing, which you may also pay back under a fixed term and schedule, according to the project’s energy savings.
- With the above arrangements, we are sharing any inherent financial or performance risk with you. To mitigate the risks and ensure the projects’ success, we ask that we undertake the long-term implementation, management, and monitoring of the projects. Once payback is achieved, you may fully enjoy the additional energy savings the project generates.
What Our EE and RE Projects Involve
Under our EPC service, we will provide the following:
Detailed specification of the project
Design and engineering of the project and its specific components
Procurement of equipment, power, utilities, and others
Construction and general contracting services
Documentation of the project
Installing and implementing monitoring tools and activities
Management of the project’s operation and equipment maintenance
Energy management services
With more than 100 years of combined expertise, we at TREES are confident in delivering our targeted energy and cost savings.